If you think all mosques look the same, think again. Nowadays, contemporary designers are taking the architecture of mosques to a whole new level. Architizer listed 8 mosques that blend religion and contemporary design and are simply beautiful pieces of art. Important note: most of these mosques haven’t been built yet and are ongoing projects.
1. Copenhagen, design by Henning Larsen Architects
2. Islamic Cultural Center and Museum of Tolerance in Tirana, design by Bjarke Ingels Group
3. Masjid Permata Qolbu in Jakarta, design by MASS
5. Halide Edip Adivar Mosque in Istanbul, design by Manco Architects
7. Camlica Mosque in Istanbul, design by Tuncer Cakmakli Architects
8. Wall Dome in Prishtina, design by Paolo Venturella